Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chemo,Round 3, Treatment 1.

So yesterday I had my first chemo treatment of this round...and I felt great during treatment and for a long while after, then it stopped playing nice...ugh, I'd forgotten this blah feeling. At least this treatment isn't making me as sick as the last one we tried...This time I am having a new treatment option, it's called Urbetux? Here's hoping that the 10 % chance of it helping me stick around longer works...The outlook this time is not great, I am now stage 4 and am overwhelmed by all the stuff drilled into my head in the hospital the last 2 weeks, I am still a bit miffed at my oncologist's attitude this time, it's like he's given up on me...but, that's okay, because that just makes me that much more determined to prove statistics and him wrong, and stick around for much longer than is expected...I have 3 kids dammit and things I want to do and see. And I intend to make sure I do. Like I said, I was in the hospital for half of January with a serious intestinal blockage, lost 20 lbs about, had a broken port removed, a new port replaced and a tube inserted into my stomach, so now that I am ready for battle, it's time to kick cancer's ugly ass away from me again. I intend to see my children all graduate from high school even though I was told my time left is in the single digit months, it's like that one commercial for Cancer Treatment Centers, last I checked I do not have an expiration date stamped on my ass.Well now I am sleepy again, so stay tuned for my next installment. (They won't all be so depressing I hope)
~Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment