Sunday, February 28, 2010

Round 3~Treatment 3

Had my 3rd chemo treatment this past Friday (2/26/2010) <~ I think the date is correct, sometimes I lose track, but is it really any wonder?
Every treatment, I get a whopper dose of benedryl as a premed, hence I sleep through most of my treatment. The first 2 treatments were not horrible. I had some fatigue, a mild bit of managable nausea and that was about it, by Saturday evening, I've been fine and back to normal. Then the rash side effect came on my face, it's like horrid acne, it's actually painful. I started getting it cleared up and it started appearing on my abdomen and now breasts and it's starting to appear on my legs and arms. It wouldn't be bad if a few ofd the spots were not so painful, I have 2 different types of ointment for it. One for the morning and one for bedtime. Needless to say, it's annoying, but, better than alternatives, I suppose. SO this 3rd tratment this week, I seemed to be more groggy this time during treatment, I thought it was just my normal Benedryl Buzz, but, I seemed to zap out more yesterday Period. Just no energy and tired as hell. Today I felt better, I actually did quite a bit, went to Winchester to pick up Emily's Saddle Oxfords for Bye, Bye, Birdie that we ordered from Payless and went to Walmart to pick up ANOTHER prescription ( I am on more meds than all my family combined, RIDICULOUS!) and shop for the rest of  her needed Costume pieces...( bobby socks, a white button down shirt, old lady capris, and a cardigan, we ended up hitting  thrift stores for the white shirt and capris, we found a black cardigan at Walmart, hopefully it will do, her poodle skirt is orange and we found soft pink capris.) We also looked for wardrobe for her Share the Fun performance in March, and only found a pair of high heel boots at Goodwill. She is going to sing ' White Horse' By Taylor Swift, so anywho, it was a long morning, I just kind of vegetated all afternoon reading ' Scarlett- The sequel to Gone with The Wind' I'd just finished ' Rhetf Butler's people', (another sequel) at my chemo appt Friday before I fell asleep. Not much else to report, I see my Oncologist at my next appt before my treatment and I am hoping for a few weeks off treatment since I get it every week, Let the rash clear up a bit and my body rest...But I am unsure how this Urbetux stuff goes so we will see. I'll be sure to keep posting.
Upcoming events~
*******************************************
Bye, Bye, Birdie! By Clarke County Public Schools-
J-WMS Friday 3/19 @ 7:30 PM ,  Saturday 3/20 @ 7:30 PM, & Sunday 3/21 @ 2:30 PM
*******************************
Clarke County 4H Leader's Association Sping Fling Basket Bingo
20 Regular Bingos **3 Super Bingos

Raffles all evening
* Door Prize Ticket with Entry
$25.00 for Regular Game Pack with 6 cards/game
$5.00 each 3X Super Bingo Pack
Silent Auction to be announced at Intermission.
LONGABERGER RETIRED BASKETS***SOON TO BE RETIRED BASKETS***AND JUST RELEASED BASKETS!!!
DINNER STARTS BEING SERVED at 6:30 AND BINGO STARTS at 7:45 PM AND ENDS WHENEVER WE GET DONE!
DINNER = Homemade Soups and Sandwiches*Chips* and Desserts, served by some of our outstanding 4Her's!!!!
Email hopehcather@aol.com or cll (540) 550-4277 with questions
**************************************************
Clarke County 4H Share the Fun- Saturday March 27th, 2010 @ J-WMS 5:00 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment