Sunday, February 28, 2010

I promised that I'd share my Wonton Taco recipe, so here goes with those...

I promised my friend Annette that I'd share my recipe for Chicken Wonton Tacos (my version of the appetizer @ Applebees.) So I am, and a similar one for Pork Wontons as making the wonton taco shells was horribly difficult, so today I am making pork wonton dumplings. Apparently, I am in a cooking mood today, this morning I made the kids and I fried apples and sausage gravy for breakfast, it was soooooo good. My nephew even had a bit. Anyway,

Chx Wonton Tacos
You need;
Soy Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce
Sesame seeds
bag of coleslaw mix (I used one that had broccoli and carrots in it)
Cilantro
grated ginger
garlic (1 clove)
Hot pepper flakes
limes or lime juice
Sesame Oil * I didn't have still was good.
Ken's steakhouse lite dressing- Asian Sesame with Ginger and Soy.
1 package uncooked chx breast tenders (boneless)
package wonton wraps

Okay, you should be aware, I cook to taste, I do not measure ANYTHING...sorry.
In a frying pan, add a tbsp sesame oil and cook you chx tenders. When they are done, remove and cut/chop well. Place back in pan, add your choice of soy or teriyaki sauce, I used teriyaki. About a tbsp or so? Mix well Add some of the Asian Sesame dressing too, as well as about 2 tsp pepper flakes, some grated ginger and garlic...Simmer until well coated. ...Now, dump your slaw in a bowl, add Asian Sesame dressing  cilantro and lime juice mixing well until coated, don't get tooo saturated.

Now, the taco shells, you'll have to do trial and error until you figure it out, I did mine by hand holding it in oil one at a time, one side at a time and bending it to shape as I did the other side, I think there is a special thing you can get to make homemade tacos, but I don't have one. Put it this way, it was sooo dificult, I am now making them as wonton dumplings instead LOL.


Okay today I am trying these as dumplings with pork roast. Do everything exactly the same way, but this time I am making it as dumplings. I will update when they are done.
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment