Monday, March 8, 2010

It's Monday... And just wanted to share...

This fantabulous new site I found yesterday! Blogforacure.com ... I registered there, it's an entire community of cancer patients and/or caregivers/survivors blogging about cancer and it's effect on their lives. I will add a link to my favorite sites on here. I highly recommend it, they have it so you can find others with the same kind of cancer or the same stage, in the same state as you. Great idea!










Airmid's Cottage is slow to start, I am having problems getting members. I think it's a catch 22 situation, there are no members so no one wants to join thinking that no one will ever post. I did get the domain up and running yesterday though, airmidscottage.com . And the email addressis ready to go help@airmidscottage.com Remember the site is for moms dealing with ANY type of illness, not just cancer patients.









Now my question of the day...why is it that it's conveniently forgotten by some how the economy in this country got to where it is today after 8 years of ill spending, yet those same people expect it to be fixed in a year. I just don't get it. That and Healthcare reform, I keep seeing Republicans say the public doesn't want it, but everyone I know or have seen thinks it's a great idea and do want something done about it. I think they just don't want a bill passed that is now less than it started out to be. As an uninsured Cancer patient on Medicaid, who will NEVER be eligible for ANYTHING other than government provided healthcare, I can tell you it needs reforming. My insurance is provided by the state through Anthem Healthkeepers and let me tell you that SUCKS. I have to wait WEEKS for every single procedure and medication, prescription wound care supplies to be approved, which means I go Weeks WITHOUT things I need for my health, because I am too sick to work, which means I am too broke to buy things out of pocket...but i have, thanks to my tax refund from this past year, matter of fact over half of it has gone to pay for medications, ointments, creams, bloodwork and appts that they would not approve. IN FACT, I have a mediport and I have to have bloodwork before every treatment, it has to be done that morning. My insurance WILL NOT PAY fr my oncologist's lab to draw and process it, they want me to go to some random lab who does not draw from ports, sooooo my Oncologist's office is eating the cost of the bloodwork every week now and doing it anyway and not charging me. It's really beyind ridiculous, these people who make up all these red tape rules obviously have n clue about what is neccessary or important. Cancer Patients end up on alot of medication stemming from side effects caused by their treatment and the disease itself. Anti-nausea medication, pain medication, heartburn medication blood ressure medicine, all kinds of things to keep your body organs functioning normally because after a while things don't want to work right on their own. Ointmints for rashes, antibiotics for infections, steroids for inflamations, things you NEED daily, things that you can't wait for but when insurance takes 2 weeks to approve everything you end up waiting for and sometimes suffering because of it. So an overhaul of healthcare/insurance is VITAL. Oops got on a rant, gonna just leave this as it is for now.



~Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment