Saturday, March 6, 2010

Long Day....

Long day...doing nothing, no, I take that back, I did get my bedroom unravelled some this evening. My youngest daughter has gone to her friend's house down the road until tomorrow, I think they were gonna go see Alice in Wonderland. I just realized that I forgot Foodie Friday yesterday, so here goes. Thursday I made a Pork Roast, which I threw in the pot with a cup of water, onion, carrots, and a ton of garlic cloves, then I put Grey Poupon on each side and spreads it around and salt and pepper, then towards the end I poured on a 'sauce' my 9 year old concoted out of worchester sauce, a little sugar, water and some caeser salad dressing... then I made mashed potatoes.Everything was delicious! This morning I made chipped beef gravy on biscuits for breakfast. This week I also made a carrot cake, I think tomorrow I am tackling the Irish Soda Bread finally! YUM. I still havn't decided what our yearly St. Patrick's day dinner will be, usually it's my Irish Stew, but I have so many new Irish recipes to try, I'm torn.
I will be making green cupcakes with green icing and green sprinkles for Selena's class party that day to fulfill the sending in something green to eat assignment...think they will be green enough? Change of topic, my infection on my arm looks much better already! I am so glad, that means that by the time my 2 weeks is up, I should be able to get right back into my chemo. Good! I'm hungry, But I doubt there is anything in the kitchen that I want. Rarely is. I am sitting here peeved that my Brit Coms are not on...blah, I so totally love watching those...Off topic again, I tend to use the view next blog feature at the top of the page, in doing that I ran across a blog called Hiccup, by another mom and cancer patient. From what I've read already she seems to be alot like me in her approach to this ordeal, She is very strong! It is listed on my blogs I follow to the right, take a looksie, I think you'll like it...So it's Saturday and I forgot what i was supposed to blog about on Saturdays...lol...random stuff I guess. Anyway, my highlight of the week, taking my girls to Camino Real for dinner Wednesday night and seeing my youngest daughter's face light up when I surprised her with her getting to do a sleepover at her best friend's house tonight.  My low points this week, the damn skin infection and that's about it.Be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment