Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Tidbits~

Really havn't accomplished much today. Slept and fed the lamb, that's about it! I've had a heating pad on this sore arm most of the day. It has helped a little, but just a little. I'll be glad to go to the dr tomorrow and hopefully they do something, so far, I have been getting the short end of the stick as far as appropriate care, it's almost like they feel I am gonna die anyway, so why bother taking care of things like infections, rashes, etc. At least that's how it makes me feel. Maybe I need to call the wellness center and see if I can get an appt with them because they do seem to pay attention better. It's almost time to feed the lamb again. Today is one of those days when Emily is gome from 7 am until after 10 pm so lamb duty is mine until then. She had school, then stays after for women's choir, then she'll go downtown to Subway for dinner, then to the middle school for musical rehersal which is from 6:30 pm - 10 pm...poor kid, then she'll come home and wait up til 11:30 pm to feed the lamb then she'll go to bed and get up tomorrow and do it all over again. Well, school and musical rehersal. I would never have been able to keep up when I was her age.

Now, onto something else...plans for Selena's birthday... We are going to go to Red Lobster for lunch, then I'm gonna take her for a mani/pedi...then on the weekend, I'm gonna take her and her best buddy to the mall to get best friends necklaces at Claire's and maybe for some Chinese...

Tomorrow is Chemo day, and it's gonna be a long one, I also have to see the dr. I'm not sure if I get a break for a bit or if they'll schedule another month of weekly chemo? I'd like to have a bredak to get this rash cleared up. I have afew places where it is veryyy, very painful, and I don't like popping pain meds like I do because the side effects are horrible, constipation, headaches if I don't take them...blah. I hate it.

I'll be back later- lamb time.
Back, after I fed the lamb, I threw a pork roast in the oven, probably should have done it earlier, but oh well. I'll share the recipe tomorrow if it turns out good. Why am I watching Desperate Housewives? I don't even like this show? Okay, Dr. Phil...oh, Nancy Grace is on here...can't wait to see what this is about.
I think I got all my sleep caught up on today. I feel pretty awake right now. Sore, but awake, lol just in time for my medicated snooze tomorrow, ( I get Benedryl in my port before my chemo, because it can cause a severe allergic reaction/hence my rash...)  Anyway...onto do other things...I've nothing witty to add.
Gwen

No comments:

Post a Comment